Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba and Arabic heritage tour with wine and tapas
- Discover the Califal and Arabic cultures in medieval Cordoba with an expert history tour guide
- Visit the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba, the second largest mosque in the world
- Taste the best Andalusian wines and tapas with your personal foodie guide
Join this tour with an expert historian and foodie guide for an exciting adventure through Cordoba's magnificent Cathedral-Mosque and Jewish Quarter. After learning about the landmark's fascinating history and unique architectural elements, stop at two of your foodie guides favorite wine bars for tapas and wine!
Under the guidance of two locals, a history expert and foodie guide, your group will first visit the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba, one of the most visited monuments in Spain. The original mosque was constructed in the 8th century, becoming the second largest mosque in the world. In 1236, when Cordoba returned to Christian rule during the Reconquista, the building was converted into a Roman Catholic Church. A Renaissance cathedral nave was inserted in the 16th century. You'll learn about Arabic culture and the many ways in which it has influenced Cordoban architecture, history and cuisine.
As you stroll through the thick forest of columns and arches, your guide will point out some of the building's most important features such as the Maqsura, the Mihrab and the chorus near the Mayor Chapel. After the historical tour you will stop at two local wine bars to taste some of the region's most well known labels with some delicious Cordoban tapas.
- Guided tour of the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba and Jewish Quarter
- 2 expert local guides: historical guide and foodie guide
- 3 Classic Cordoban dishes
- 3 beverages from a selection of wine, beer or sherry
Calle Magistral González Francés, 7, 14003 Córdoba, Spain
Puerta del Perdón, outside the Door of Forgiveness.
- Pick-up at Hotel or Puerta del Perdón (outside the Door of Forgiveness, the one in the tower)
- Vegetarian and vegan options available
- Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Set out on a guided tour of Cordoba's most iconic monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Cathe...
Don't miss the opportunity to discover Cordoba's most iconic monument, the Cathedral-Mosque, classif...
Let yourself be guided by historians and archaeologists to discover one of the finest gems in Cordob...
Be awed by the spectacular beauty of the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba on a 1-hour guided tour of one ...
Explore the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba, one of the most visited monuments in Spain. Its constructio...
On this tour firstly you will learn about the history, traditions and the times of the medieval Jewi...