Metropolitan Museum of Art Express Tour of 2 hours
- A strategic itinerary to cover the perfect cross-section of the Met collection
- Visit to the Met rooftop garden for spectacular views over Central Park
- Pre-reserved tickets included: no waste of time waiting in line
- Groups of 15 people max and expert guide to ensure an intimate and engaging visit
Easily one of the best art museum in the world, with works spanning 6 continents and over 6,000 years, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is so vast you could easily spend days inside. If you don’t have days to spare, our Met Express Tour cuts to the core, taking you straight to the collection’s highlights in just 2 hours.
The vastness of the Met collection is what makes it special, so we’ve carefully planned an itinerary to show you a broad spectrum of art, sculpture, jewels, artifacts and even architecture. Traveling in small groups of 15 people or fewer, with an expert guide, you’ll traverse the globe without leaving Central Park.
Our tour starts in Ancient Egypt, beholding perfectly preserved ancient Egyptian tomb models. You’ll understand a little more of this at our next stop, Egyptian mummies and “William,” the Met’s “mascot.” Next, onto a prize jewel of the Met Museum, the Temple of Dendur, an Ancient Egyptian Temple right smack in the middle of Central Park. Your guide will give the gossip along with the art.
More rumors abound at two of the next pieces we see – the armor of Britain’s infamous King Henry VIII, and the Antioch Chalice, purported by some as, ‘The Holy Grail.”
We’ll see more ancient works of Greek statuary and Roman frescoes before moving to the exotic, with a stop in Papua New Guinea. The Met houses a number of beautifully carved Bisj poles, collected by a Rockefeller – at the cost of his life. We’ll then head to the second floor to soak in some of Claude Monet’s famous Water Lillies, be energized by the expressive works of Vincent Van Gogh, and be inspired by a bronze of Rodin’s Thinker.
Our tour ends with a bang, an ascent to the rooftop garden (May–Oct only, weather permitting), to enjoy one of our favorite views of New York City. You’ll gaze across the green of Central Park, framed by the city skyline.
- Ancient Egyptian Tomb Models
- Temple of Dendur
- Egyptian Mummies
- Tiffany Windows
- Armor of King Henry VIII
- Antioch Chalice a.k.a. ‘The Holy Grail’
- Greek and Roman Statuary
- Ancient Roman Frescoes
- Bisj Poles from Papua New Guinea
- Auguste Rodin – Select Sculptures
- Claude Monet - Water Lillies
- Vincent van Gogh - Selected Works
- Rooftop Garden (May-October only, weather permitting)
- Pre-arranged Met Museum tickets, with donation included
- Expert local tour guide
- Gratuities for guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required) Children (4-11): reduced price
New York, NY 10028, USA
Main lobby of the Metropolitan Museum, at the statue of the Pharaoh, on your right upon entering Directions:
ARRIVING BY TAXI: Most cab drivers will know the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The exact address to tell a cab driver is East 82nd Street and 5th Avenue.
ARRIVING BY SUBWAY: 4,5,6 (green line) to 86th Street station. Upon exiting the station, walk west to 5th avenue (which borders Central Park), then walk south until the main entrance.
- Please remember to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour
- The rooftop garden is only accessible for the months May through October. During these months, for reasons of safety, the rooftop garden is closed for inclement weather
- A coat and bag check is available during the colder months. If you would like to check something, allow a little extra time before and after the tour to do so
- Food and drink cannot be brought into the Museum and may not be checked at the coat checks. However, water in plastic bottles are permitted • All of the pieces listed in the tour description are viewable the vast majority of the time. However, the MET, like nearly all great museums, occasionally allows certain works to travel in temporary exhibitions or be lent to other institutions. The MET also allows private parties to book out certain rooms for events (most commonly the Temple of Dendur), rendering them inaccessible for the duration of the event. If one of the listed pieces is unable to be viewed, the guide, at their discretion, will substitute another piece of important value
- Non-flash photography is allowed. However, flash photography and video cameras cannot be used inside the Museum. Selfie sticks are also prohibited
- The museum is fully wheelchair accessible. However, if you cannot climb the stairs of the central entrance to reach the meeting point, there is a ground level entrance one block south, near the intersection of 81st street and 5th avenue. Tell the desk you need to use the elevator to meet a group in the main lobby (at pharaoh statue), which will then secure your entrance ticket. They will provide you with a temporary pass and help direct you upstairs.
- Tour in English only.
- Monday, Thursday, Friday - Meeting Time: 10:30 am & Departure Time: 10:45am
- Saturday - Meeting Time: 2:45pm & Departure Time: 3:00pm
You may have seen New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art before, but you've never seen it like this. ...
No visit to New York is complete without experiencing the somber and poignant 9/11 Memorial & Museum...
See incredible views of New York City from the observatory of One World Trade Center: America’s tall...
Lower Manhattan’s greatest attractions are gathered together in this comprehensive one-day tour with...
For Broadway lovers and Disney fans, there’s no better experience than this new, exclusive access to...
Choose between two ticket types:Standard Ticket - with this option you can skip the hassle of the bo...
Standard Ticket - allows you to skip only the ticket purchasing line. Depending on how busy it is, y...
As home to two of NYC’s most important sites – the Statue of Liberty & the 9/11 Memorial and Museum ...
Visit the locations from iconic films shot against New York’s most famous backdrop. - Walk where the...
This is New York’s funniest and most insightful tour to the Statue of Liberty, giving you to the sto...