The Highlands of Parma: Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic vinegar and Prosciutto di Parma discovery
- Family owned Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese dairy with tasting
- Family owned Traditional Balsamic Vinegar with tasting
- Family owned producer of Prosciutto di Parma with tasting/lunch
- Small group tour only up to 8 participants with comfortable Minivan
- Special “Food Valley” gift
09:15 am Departure from Parma towards the “Highlands”.
09:30 am Meeting on site with a local host and visit to an authentic cheese dairy of Parmigiano-Reggiano. We have selected an historical producer that started the activity back in 1846, one of the few of the Consortium that has the full production cycle : grass – cows – milk – cheese.
Discover how "the King of all cheeses" is made in the same way since centuries ago like the Monks who invented it... You'll see first hand the "making of" it, the salt pools and the "wheel cathedrals", real walls of cheese up to 20.000 in the same place!..
10:30 am Transfer to the Province of Reggio-Emilia to admire a real “Acetaia” with its ancient barrels of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar. You'll learn the difference between the "black gold" and the balsamic condiments that you usually find in the supermarkets... Tasting session at the end of the visit of balsamic vinegar with 3 different seasonings.
12:30 pm back to Parma Province, visit to a real Prosciutto di Parma producer:
• Opportunity to see operators hand salting the hams;
• Visit to the maturation rooms and cellars;
• Final tasting-lunch” including: Prosciutto di Parma, other typical local cured meats, homemade cakes, local wine, water and coffee.
02:15 – 02:45 pm Return to Parma after lunch and end of the experience.
- Private transportation with minivan and English speaking driver
- Tastings at the cheese dairy and at the Balsamic Vinegar producer
- Tasting/lunch at the Prosciutto di Parma producer
- special “Food Valley” gift.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and drinks not mentioned
- Child (4-10): reduced 50%
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1, Parma, PR, Italia
In front of the Tourist Office of Parma in Piazza Garibaldi, Parma
- Tuesdays, Thursdays adn Saturdays
- Departure at 09:00 am
Always surrounded by an aura of charm and mystery, the labyrinth is an architectural element that ev...
Discover the delicacies of Parma directly from their producers! It is your chance to visit a Parmigi...
Would you like to learn the secrets of the traditional dishes of Parma cuisine? Try our hands-on coo...
Busseto is a nice village, famous all over the world because Giuseppe Verdi was born in Roncole di B...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Parma and get ...
09:15 am Departure from Parma towards the « Lowlands ». 09:45 am Meeting on site with a local host a...