Explore Jordan’s biblical and early medieval history on this private 8-hour trip from Dead Sea to Madaba, Mt. Nebo and Mukawir. Admire the 6th-century Mosaic Map at Madaba and visit Mt. Nebo, where Moses is said to have died. Plus, explore Mukawir, Herod the Great’s hilltop fortress where it’s thought John the Baptist was beheaded.
Excursions & day trips
Private Christian tour of Madaba, Mount Nebo and Mukawer from Amman
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Visit Mt. Nebo, where Moses is thought to have seen the Promised Land before he diedSee the 6th-century Mosaic Map at St. George’s Church in Madaba
- View the floor mosaics on show at Mt. Nebo church
- Stroll around the ancient hilltop fortress of Muwakir, where it’s believed John the Baptist was beheaded
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Professional driver
- Entrance Fees to Madaba Saint George Church, Mount Nebo and Machaerus Fortress
- Local English-Speaking Guide at Madaba Saint George Church
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
You will be picked up from your accomodation in Amman. Please call the local operator to confirm your pick-up details. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring hats, sun screen and comfortable walking shoes
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please leave your pick-up details at check-out
- Pick-up starts around 9.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.