Experience a land where myth and legend come to life, where the earth boils, mud heals, and steam disappears into the clouds above. An area in which the landscape has been sculptured by geothermal activity and where unique volcanic features can be viewed from well-defined tracks. More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it’s done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand’s most unique geothermal experience. Experience this land like our ancestors have done for centuries. Discover its beauty, its healing properties and its awe-inspiring power.
Hells Gate Excite Experience and Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Enjoy a scenic drive through lush countryside with opportunity for photo stops
- Explore the incredible Lady Knox geyser eruption with heights of 10 to 20 meters
- Explore the amazing Wai-o-Tapu Thermal Wonderland geothermal walk including the truly fascinating champagne pool
- Discover surreal beauty and dramatic geothermal landscapes
- Visit Hell's Gate - home of active mud volcanoes, land coral and erupting water
- Experience the magical qualities of the nutrient rich mud pools
- Relax and rejuvenate yourself in the sulphur spa and cool plunge pool
- Soak up stunning views over the amazing geothermal reserve
- Fully guided return transfer from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature-controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to self-guided experience at Wai-o–Tapu thermal wonderland
- Admission to Lady Knox Geyser
- Admission to Hell's Gate Excite Experience including geothermal walk which takes between one and one and a half hours, as well as Māori carving.
- Bathe in world-famous mud baths and soak in the sulphur spas and cool plunge pool.
- Access to Wi-Fi onboard for a small surcharge
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 5 - 14)
- Infant (age 4 and under): free admission
Auckland, New Zealand
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to depart
- If the guest has had or is suffering from any of the following medical conditions, we strongly advise that they seek advice from their doctor prior to using the geothermal pools
- The list of medical conditions below is not an exhausted list but serves to highlight some of the main medical conditions where the geothermal pools may not be advised: Pregnancy, Low or High Blood Pressure, Mobility Problems, Active or Under Active Thyroid, Verruca/ Warts, Heart Conditions, Epilepsy, Skin diseases/disorders, Diabetes, Metal Pins/ Plates, Claustrophobia, Ear Infections, Cancer, Recent Surgery, or Sulphur Allergies
- Lengthy immersion in the hot pools may cause dehydration and fainting. Please remain hydrated at all times by drinking the water available in the spa facilities and inform staff immediately if any discomfort is felt. When exiting the pool, take care and use the handrails provided
- The mud baths are suitable for children over the age of 2.5 years, whereas the Sulphur spas are suitable for children over the age of 6 months. - It is important that children (as well as adults) drink water while bathing in order to keep hydrated
- Both children and adults need to be comfortable with the heat, and Hell’s Gate recommends taking regular breaks to insure overheating does not occur
- All infants must wear bathing suits or disposable nappies whilst bathing
- Sulphur will tarnish jewelry, particularly silver. Please remove all jewelry before entering the pools as Hell’s Gate accepts no responsibility for tarnished jewelry. As skin pores will still exude sulfur for up to 24 hours after the experience, jewelry may slightly tarnish. If this occurs, remove the jewelry and clean it with toothpaste in order to remove the tarnishing. Please note this is done at your own risk
- Pick up and drop are included from Auckland central business district, additional charge applied from outside Auckland CBD and Auckland airport. Please confirm the additional price directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Please remove all jewellery before entering the pools as Hell’s Gate accepts no responsibility for tarnished jewellery.
- For the bathing experience, guests can choose to bring their own bathing attire and towels or hire these items from Hell’s Gate at a small cost.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- The tour ends at 7 pm
Embark on your kiwi adventure with a trip to Rotorua and Wai-o-Tapu! Here you can see some of the be...
Exhilarating tour experiences for people of all ages and abilities, giving you the opportunity to ex...
Grab a great value Hobbiton Movie Set day tour, the award-winning attraction made famous by the popu...
When you think of wine-tasting trips in New Zealand you imagine scenic drives through Marlborough, O...
Experience a land where myth and legend come to life, where the earth boils, mud heals, and steam di...
Spend the morning exploring the city on a small group tour and then from midday, taste some of New Z...