Berlin Wall and Cold War bike tour
- Follow the course of the Berlin Wall by bike
- See the Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Straße and Mauerpark
- Listen to tragic and successful escape attempts
- Learn more about the Cold War, Stasi and the end of the GDR
Follow the visible and hidden remains of the Berlin Wall by bike, from the Bornholmer Straße up to the Government District, and learn more about everyday life in East-Germany during the Cold War and Stasi time.
Far more than just a wall, the Berlin Wall was a symbol for misery and the struggle between two systems. For almost 30 years, this 160-kilmeter-long so-called “death strip” cut through Berlin and the lives of its inhabitants. The stories around it are many: from the funny, to the tragic, to the unbelievably absurd.
Get to know the political dimensions, the background circumstances and, above all, the human element in the everyday struggle of life in a divided city, right where it happened. During the bike tour you will see the Mauerpark, where a part of the former “death strip” has been transformed into a vibrant part of the new Berlin, and the official Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Straße with a guard tower and the last remaining, totally intact portion of the Berlin Wall.
How your bike route could look like:
- Bornholmer Straße
- Berlin Wall Memorial Bernauer Straße
- Wachturm Kieler Ufer
- Government District
- Brandenburg Gate
- Professional tour guide
- Rain cape, gloves
- Trouser clips
- City map
- Food and drinks
Kulturbrauerei, Knaakstraße 97, 10435 Berlin
Enter the Kulturbrauerei on Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with Danziger Straße. From there just follow the yellow Berlin on Bike signs
- This bike tour is 17 km long. Spread out over 3.5 hours in flat and bicycle-friendly Berlin, it is a very relaxed and fun ride
- As your guide is familiar with the sights, hidden gems and best bicycle routes of Berlin, the tour can be easily adapted to your personal interests
- The bikes are equipped with a basket for smaller luggage
- Tour in English: Daily at 11.00am
- Tour in Dutch: Daily at 10.00am
- Tour in German: Daily at 10.00am, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at 3.00pm (depending on season)
- Tour in French: Sunday at 11.00am
- Please consult the calendar for further information
- The tours are available from April until 10. November
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...