Bode Museum skip-the-line tickets
- Be fascinated by Late Antique and Byzantine Art
- Marvel at the masterpieces of the sculpture collection
- Learn more about coins from different epochs of history
The Bode Museum, first inaugurated in 1904 with the name of the Kaiser Friedrich-Museum in honor of the emperor Friedrich the III, was given the name it now holds in 1956, in honor of its first curator known for his creative exhibitions, mixing the pieces and historical periods, creating displays by using his own themes.
The building was designed by Ernst von Ihne and has the appearance of a structure immerging directly from the Spree River but was greatly damaged during the war. It took many years to restore the building and dome to its previous beauty. A serious renovation started in 1997 and continued well into the new millennium.
Today the museum’s Sculpture collection features great pieces of art from the Christian Orient, sculptures and pieces from the Middle Ages, art from the Italian Gothic era and the early Renaissance, just to name a few of the museum’s featured displays.
A Numismatic collection was opened to the public in 2004, on the 100th anniversary of the museum’s inauguration, and is to this day one of the world’s biggest and best known coin collections.
- Skip the line entrance to Bode Museum
- Children and Youth (ages 0-17): free. Note: under-18s require a ticket even though entrance is free
- For all kinds of reduction, please show a valid document
Am Kupfergraben, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Please note: the ticket is not refundable
- Every day except Monday from 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Thursday from 10.00am to 8.00pm
- On public holidays sometimes reduced opening; closed on December 31st
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
You need to relax between one tour and the other, but you don't want to stop sightseeing? So come an...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Perfect for all first-time Berlin explorers and for those that want to experience the beautiful city...
First time in Berlin? This is the perfect tour for you! Visit all of Berlin’s most famous sights and...
Experience the surrealistic world of Salvador Dalí, let an experienced guide show you the artwork of...