Cape Winelands full-day tour
- Enjoy three wine tastings at the most prestigious, award-winning wine farms of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl
- Have fun with a unique ride on the vintage-style Franschhoek Tram, passing through breath-taking views and vineyards
- Visit Paarl and its vibrant Afrikaans culture, and the Drakenstein prison, where Nelson Mandela last stayed before being released
Winelands Full Day Visit
Enjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a cheese assortment and cellar tour, an exciting ride on the Franschhoek tram, and a visit to the Drankenstein Prison where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his captivity.
We start the morning off at the Stellenbosch Winelands, only 20 minutes out of Cape Town, which offers majestic scenery that is entirely different to the Cape Peninsula. You will discover different grape varieties that grow in the area such as Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, and the uniquely South African Pinotage. You will also learn about the Méthode Cap Classique developed in the region, that emulates and rivals the very best French champagnes. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home to enjoy the region's delightful vintages after your visit.
We then head to Franschhoek - a wine lover's dream destination - also known as "the French corner", an old Huguenot village. With its numerous streets and estates with French names, the town will make you feel completely bewildered, feeling like you were in France in another era. You will be completely enchanted by the town's charm and its peaceful environment. You will get the chance to taste the region's delicacies, cheeses and its best wines. Then take a unique ride on the Franschhoek Tram, a journey through beautiful vineyards, breath-taking scenery and award-winning wine farms.
Drakenstein, also known as Victor Verster Prison, is located between Franschhoek and Paarl. The prison is famous for being the one where Nelson Mandela spent the last fourteen months of his imprisonment for campaigning against Apartheid. Here you will get to see a recently unveiled, larger than life-size statue of Nelson Mandela raising his fist, not in anger, but as a well-known gesture of defiance, usually accompanied by the freedom slogan - 'amandla awethu' in isiZulu or 'power to the people' in English.
We end off the tour at the town of Paarl, offering you a great perspective into Afrikaans culture and tradition. The district is specially well-known for its Pearl Mountain or "Paarl Rock". The huge granite rock is formed by three rounded outcrops that make up Paarl Mountain and has been compared in majesty to Uluru (formerly known as Ayers Rock) in Australia. Paarl offers you a diverse range of wine farms, the famous Spice Route, the Taal Monument (the Afrikaans language monument), coffee shops, breweries and plenty more. You will also be able to visit the town's vineyards where you will taste the region's finest wines.
- Entrance fees
- Three wines tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Cellar Tour
- Professional guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel
- Earphones to hear the guide clearly
- WiFi on board
- Child (2-11): reduced
- Infant (0-1): free of charge
Cape Town, South Africa
Pick up and drop off at your hotel or guesthouse around Cape Town. At the time of booking you will be asked to provide a pick-up location among those provided.
- This a full day tour of the Winelands and you will be picked up and dropped off from your hotel
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply. You may cancel up to 24 hours before your tour
- Note: Wine farm locations may differ depending on the day of the week or the time of the year
- Important: Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tour departure
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times
- Departure: between 08:00am - 09:00am
- Return: 05:30am
- Departure: between 01.00pm - 2.00pm
- Return: 05.30pm
This one-day safari tour allows Cape Town visitors to get up-close and personal with Africa's most f...
The valleys in South Africa are amongst the most famous for their crisp white and classic red wines,...
Allow us to take you on a breath-taking journey through the Cape Winelands and witness the wine-maki...
Combine historical Stellenbosch and its wine region with a journey to the Cape of Good Hope & Cape P...
Visit the mythical meeting place of two great oceans and experience the "fairest Cape of all". Explo...
Witness the majestic Southern Right whales that come to the Cape each season to breed and calve. The...
This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestle...
Clifton & Camps BaySituated along the Atlantic Seaboard, the beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay have b...
Experience a fun-filled evening of interactive entertainment and delicious food at the Gold restaura...
The drive through the city center will take you along famous landmarks, like the Castle of Good Hope...