Full-Day Hermanus Tour
- Visit the seaside town of Hermanus nestled between mountains and the ocean
- Best land-based whale watching opportunities
- Relax in comfort and enjoy the coastal views
This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestled between mountains and the sea is not only very beautiful but offers some of the best shore-based whale watching opportunities in the world (August – November). Close sightings of the Southern Right whale are likely.
Up to the end of October, on the return journey, we follow the coastline with the possibility of further sightings of whales (and even the possibility of sighting dolphins). A stop is made at Stoney Point, near Betty’s Bay to have a look at the penguins (optional, for own account & time permitting) before returning to Cape Town in the afternoon.
From November 1, 2019, to October 31, 2020, instead, the journey continues into the beautiful Hemel en Aarde Valley (meaning Heaven and Earth) and into the Bouchard Finlayson Wine Estate where you will be treated to tasting some of their delicious wines. Since the wine estate is closed on Sundays, a visit to the Stoney Point Penguin Colony will be included, where you can look at a unique colony of African penguins (time permitting) before returning to Cape Town in the afternoon.
- Pick-up/drop-off service
- English speaking guide
- Transport in a luxury vehicle
- Lunch and all beverages
- Entrance fees to Stoney Point and all other services
- Children (2-11)
Pick-up service available from specific central business district Cape Town City Hotels: Southern Sun Waterfront, Southern Sun Cullinan, Southern Sun Cape Sun, Table Bay Hotel, Victoria and Alfred Hotel, One and Only Hotel, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge, Protea Hotel Cape Castle, Protea Hotel Victoria Junction, Cape Grace Hotel, Commodore Hotel, Portswood Hotel, Westin Hotel, Cape Royal, Winchester Mansions, President Hotel, Premier Cape manor, Protea Hotel Sea Point, Mount Nelson Hotel, Queen Victoria Hotel, Cape Town Hollow, Hotel on St Georges, Radisson Blu Waterfront, Park Inn by Radisson – Foreshore, Icon Apartments, Bantry Bay Luxury Suites, Protea Hotel North Wharf, 15 on Orange
For the exact pick-up time please contact the partner (contacts available in the voucher received after the booking) a few days in advance). Please leave the necessary information when booking and carefully read the voucher you will receive after the booking.
- Casual clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children below two years old are not admitted to the tour
- Children of age 2-3 are required to sit in a car seat during the drive. Car seats are subject to availability at the time of booking, parents are welcome to bring their own car seat
- Operates: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays July - November
- Duration of tour approximately 8.5 hours
- Tour does not operate during the entire months of December - June, and Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays between July - November
Experience a fun-filled evening of interactive entertainment and delicious food at the Gold restaura...
The original food tour will introduce you to the flavors of Stellenbosch. Established in 1679, Stell...
The drive through the city center will take you along famous landmarks, like the Castle of Good Hope...
The valleys in South Africa are amongst the most famous for their crisp white and classic red wines,...
Winelands Full Day VisitEnjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a chee...
Witness the majestic Southern Right whales that come to the Cape each season to breed and calve. The...