Township tour with Gospel Church visit or social Soccer match
- Spend a morning or an afternoon learning about the Townships of Cape Town
- Enjoy a walking tour where you'll experience the atmosphere while guided by a local
- Visit a Gospel Church in Langa on Sundays or play a friendly soccer match with the locals during the week
- Includes all entrance tickets so that you can book everything together
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
- Music so lit, you won't notice the sunrise
Experience an incredible cultural tour through a Cape Town Township while being guided by a local expert. You will be picked up at your accommodation and taken on a drive through the famous District Six area. You'll get to explore the townships of Langa, Bonteheuwel and Gugulethu and learn about their culture and traditions. The walking tour will allow you to interact with locals and visit homes, creches and memorials, so you will get to understand and appreciate what a normal day is for the residents of these areas.
Choose from the two different experiences available as part of the tour. On Sundays you'll be able to do the Township tour with the possibility to visit a Gospel Church for a 40-45 minute visit in the Langa Baptist/ Methodist Church where you will participate in the choral singing before continuing with the half day Township Tour. Alternatively, during the rest of the week you can choose to participate in a soccer game (30 -45 minutes) with the locals. This is followed by a braai (light barbecue) in one of the Township’s popular social venues.
- Gospel tour includes a walking tour of the townships and a visit to a gospel church
- Social soccer tour includes a walking tour of the townships, a soccer match with the locals and light snacks in a barbecue after the match
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals and beverages
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Health/travel insurance
- Children under 12: Reduced
You'll be picked up from your accommodation. Please provide its name and address during checkout
- The pickup service is not available for accommodations in areas outside of the 20-30km ratio of the city. Should you be outside of this range you’ll be picked up in front of the Victoria and Alfred hotel at 8:30 am for the morning tour and at 1:30 pm for the afternoon tour
- The Gospel tour only runs on Sundays at 8:30 am
- The Social Soccer tour runs in the following times:
- Friday at 1.30 pm
- Saturday at 8.30 am and 1.30 pm
- Sunday at 2.00 pm
Experience the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek wine estates on this splendid route and enjoy lun...
Travel along the Atlantic Seaboard, with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other and pa...
Township tours in Cape Town are a must for anyone wanting to discover the other side of life in Cape...
Discover Cape Town's landmarks at your own pace: travel on the 4 tour routes, enjoy a multilingual c...
Experience an incredible cultural tour through a Cape Town Township while being guided by a local ex...
Take on a full day adventure starting with a tour of the townships of Langa, Bonteheuwel and Gugulet...