The true history of the Blair Street Underground Vaults is terrifying enough – so abandon thoughts of manufactured frights and make-believe. The skill is in the storytelling so prepare to be chilled to the bone as the vaults witnessed the deeds of mischief-makers and murderers, vagrants and torturers. It’s one of Edinburgh’s most haunted sites, where restless spirits still tread. You’ll follow your cloaked guide through the shadowy closes of Edinburgh’s Old Town – dark streets untouched by daylight and filled with a strange silence, whose damp walls carry just the faintest echo of the crowds on the high street you’ve left behind. With the scene set, you’ll descend into the depths of the city and listen in horror to its dark and sinister side. Torture, murder, hangings; from body snatchers to the real-life Jekyll and Hyde, you’ll be gripped by the true stories that lie hidden beneath Edinburgh’s streets.
Ghostly underground walking tour of Edinburgh
Duration: up to 1 hour 15 minutes
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Experience a ghost tour in the safety of the daylight hours and learn all about Edinburgh’s haunted past
- Explore the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- Learn about murderers, torturers, and the real Jekyll and Hyde
What to expect
- Walking tour with professional guide
- Children (5-15 years)
- Seniors (60+ years)
- Students (with valid ID)
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it.
What to remember
- Please note this tour is only available in English
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Discovery Room, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Children over five years of age are welcome, they decide if they're up for it!
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Daily at 3.00pm and 5.00pm
- Tour lasts 1 hours 15 minutes
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour begins
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.