Ghostly Underground walking tour of Edinburgh
- Experience a ghost tour in the safety of the daylight hours
- Learn all about Edinburgh’s haunted past
- Explore the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- Learn about murderers, torturers, and the real Jekyll and Hyde
A daytime tour of Edinburgh’s most haunted vaults from the only people with access. The true history of the Blair Street Underground Vaults is terrifying enough – so abandon thoughts of manufactured frights and make-believe. The skill is in the storytelling: the vaults witnessed the deeds of mischief-makers and murderers, vagrants and torturers. It’s one of Edinburgh’s most haunted sites, where restless spirits still tread. You’ll follow your cloaked guide through the shadowy closes of Edinburgh’s Old Town – dark streets untouched by daylight and filled with a strange silence, whose damp walls carry just the faintest echo of the crowds on the high street you’ve left behind. With the scene set, you’ll descend into the depths of the city – and listen in horror to its dark and sinister side: Torture, murder, hangings; from body snatchers to the real-life Jekyll and Hyde, you’ll be gripped by the true stories that lie hidden beneath Edinburgh’s streets.
- Walking tour with professional guide
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please note this tour is only available in English
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Discovery Room, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Children over five years of age are welcome, they decide if they're up for it!
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Daily, at 3.00pm and 5.00pm
- Tour lasts 1h15
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15mins before the tour begins
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
Lochs, Castles and Distilleries are three things that most visitors find synonymous with Scotland. I...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...