Historic Underground walking tour of Edinburgh
- Get exclusive access to the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Discover secrets and stories of Edinburgh’s underworld
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- See and touch 19th-century artifacts
- Visit the Discovery Room with 3D model and display
Beneath the bustle of Edinburgh’s Old Town you’ll discover a dark, damp world unchanged since the 18th century. Your expert guide will lead you deep into the Blair Street Underground Vaults, and together you’ll explore their history – including how they became home to the city’s most destitute inhabitants. It’s a story rooted in Edinburgh’s Georgian past – grand feats of engineering, the expansion of the city, and those left behind in its darkest corners. Why were the vaults built? Who used them? Save your questions for your guide, a masterful storyteller who will bring the history of the vaults to life, talking you through some of the artefacts that have survived. This walking tour takes 1 hour and 15 minutes, with time at the end in the Discovery Room – complete with 3D model and artefacts.
- Walking tour with professional guide
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Blair Street Underground Vaults, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Children over five years of age are very welcome
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Daily at 2pm and 4pm
- Tour lasts about 1h15
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
Lochs, Castles and Distilleries are three things that most visitors find synonymous with Scotland. I...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...