Pilgrim tour to Pope John Paul’s hometown Wadowice from Krakow
- Retrace Pope John Paul II's life discovering his family home and following his life experiences
- Admire the Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Sanctuary, renowned pilgrimage sanctuary and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the impressive Sanctuary of Divine Mercy, consecrated by the pope in 2012 and contemplate his and St. Faustyna Kowalska's relics
The John Paul II route tour covers the most important places connected with the pope. The main attractions are the John Paul the II Museum, established in the pope's family home, the Kalwaria Zebrzydowska (listed at UNESCO) and the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy in Krakow. This full-day tour by minivan with an English-speaking driver is a private tour, while a maximum of 15 people can enter the museum.
Meet the driver at your accommodation in Krakow and then begin the hour-long trip to Wadowice, Pope John Paul II's hometown in southern Poland.
Make the first stop of the day at the John Paul II Family Museum, established in the Pope's family home. Enjoy a series of interactive exhibits that follow his life year by year, from his early childhood through his time as a student, the Second World War experience, his period as a priest and, finally, the attempt against his life.
After roughly two hours in Wadowice, continue to the Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Sanctuary, the second most frequently-visited pilgrimage sanctuary in Poland and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll have about an hour in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Sanctuary. Now head to the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy and the John Paul II center in Łagiewniki. You'll see some of the pope's relics alongside those of St. Faustyna Kowalska, who was canonized by John Paul II and you'll discover the impressive basilica consecrated by John Paul II in 2012. This full-day tour concludes with drop-off at the original departure point.
- Live commentary in English on board
- Professional guide at John Paul II home
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned, private minivan
- WiFi access Insurance
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- This tour offers pick up service from Krakow city center. Please provide your address to the local operator after booking
- Please arrange your pickup directly with your local tour operator; you will find their contact on the voucher after booking
- Every day at 9:00 am
- The tour will not take place on the following dates: 01/01, 06/01, 11/04, 12/04, 01/11, 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 31/12
On this complex one day tour, you will visit Auschwitz - Birkenau, and Wieliczka Salt Mine., Auschwi...
Your tour starts with pickup from your Krakow hotel at a time of your choosing. Traveling in the com...
Birkenau Camp tour is a chance to visit the biggest (140 ha) former Nazi concentration camp in Ausch...
Visit the original enamel factory of Oskar Schindler in Krakow, where many Jews saved their live dur...
Krakow certainly has a lot to offer and sightseeing, reading guides and walking along the streets is...
Enjoy a day-trip to Zakopane, the Polish mountain capital located at the bottom of the Tatra mountai...