Wieliczka Salt Mine half-day excursion from Krakow with guided tour and pick-up
- Visit the famous medieval salt mine near Krakow
- Be fascinated by marvelous salt lakes and caves
- Learn more about the history of mining
- Follow an informative guided tour
Explore one of the most important attractions in Poland - the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krakow. Follow a half-day tour that includes not only a professional guided visit, but also entrance fees, pick-up service from centrally located hotels in Krakow, as well as drop-off and transport in a comfortable, air-conditionned minivan.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the oldest in the world, dating back to the 13th century. The unique underground complex of chambers and chapels, tunnels and sculptures, carved entirely in salt and offering surprising underground landscapes with lakes, has been included on the UNESCO World Heritage sites list.
You'll spend 2.5 hours at the mine, enough time to get to know all its wonders with a group of maximum 40 partecipants you join there, following a professional guide.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Fuel surcharge and insurance
- Entrance fees
- Guaranteed skip-the-long advantage
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- WiFi access
- Food and drinks
- Tax for taking pictures (only 10 PLN / 2.5 EURO) to be payed cash on site
- Infants (0-4 years): free
- Children and youth (5-17 years): reduced
An English-speaking driver will pick you up outside the lobby of your central located hotel or accommodation in Krakow at the advised pick-up time
- Your voucher for the tour will not be accepted directly at the salt mine
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The route includes over 800 stairs
- Not recommended for participants who become easily claustrophobic. There are some very narrow paths inside the salt mine and this may be difficult for some. Once you have begun the tour there is no possibility to shorten your visit or turn back
- Hand luggage should be of a reasonable size, and larger luggage should be left in the car
- Photography is allowed if a photo pass is purchased
- There is no minimum age to experience the activity, however, children should be capable of walking unassisted or be carried in baby slings or baby carriers. Baby strollers are not allowed underground.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 15ºC or 59ºF, it is recommended that you bring a jacket
- November, December 2018: 9.50am and 3:00pm
- January - March 2019: 9:00am and 3:25pm
Visit one of the most precious and most fascinating monuments of culture in Poland. The first touris...
Every year, millions of visitors from around the world walk through the gate bearing a fallacious in...
Visit the former Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, now turned into a UNESCO World Heritage...
Auschwitz Birkenau is the site of the gravest mass murder in the history of humanity. It remains a m...
Visit one of the historically most significant places in Europe – the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum near...
Visit Auschwitz, formerly the largest German concentration camp, located on the outskirts of the Pol...
To make the most out of your visit to Krakow, take advantage of our combined tour to Auschwitz-Birke...
This is the perfect tour for first-timers in Krakow! It is essential and includes all the most impor...
In Krakow you will probably find the most exciting nightlife in Europe. Once you're here, just remem...
Discover the city of Krakow in a day. The professional, english-speaking driver-guides will take you...