To start the tour off, travel by jeep or van 55 miles (89 km) to Valley of Fire State Park passing Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Nellis Air Force Base. Valley of Fire State Park is the oldest state park in Nevada. You have the choice to stop at Moapa River Indian Reservation for some duty-free shopping. From the entrance to the park, you'll catch a glimpse of Lake Mead, which is the largest man-made lake in the United States. After passing the entrance gates of Valley of Fire State Park, your guide will direct you to the trailhead for your hike (easy, moderate, or difficult). During your hike tour from 4, 5 or 6 hours, the guide will fill you in on geological forces like faulting and erosion. These forces created the unique red rock formations. Learn about the American Indian tribes that have lived there for thousands of years. There will be short breaks from time to time and take photos of the landscapes and recharge with snacks and water. After the hike, go on a short tour of the Valley of Fire State Park visitor center to learn more about the park before making the return trip back to your Las Vegas hotel.
Valley of Fire guided hiking tour from Las Vegas
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Take an easy, moderate, or difficult level hike with a personal guide
- See the unique and stunning red rock formations at Valley of Fire State Park
- Learn about the American Indian tribes that have lived at the park
What to expect
- Complimentary transportation
- Easy, moderate, or difficult hike
- Love Hikes guide
- Healthy snacks
- Visitors center tour (if time permits)
Hotel pickup and drop-off at most Las Vegas area hotels but the customer may be asked to meet at a property different than their own.
What to remember
- It is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking shoes and lip balm
- Bottled water is included in the tour package but it is recommended bringing your own hydration pack/Camelback if planning in advance for moderate or intense hikes where you may wish to have your hands free
- Love Hikes provides healthy snacks but those with allergies may wish to bring their own
- Additional snacks may be purchased by customers at the Moapa River Indian Reservation truck stop
- Additional items to consider include: all personal medications (there are bees during the spring and summer months along the trail so allergies should be considered), a day pack (limited number provided by the company), hand sanitizer, a camera, a bandana, athletic clothing for the time of year in a desert, and layered clothing when weather demands
- Closed toed shoes are recommended for all hikes
- Love Hikes recommends a minimum age of 8 for tours but we have had parents on Friendly tours with toddlers in tow
- Full adult price is charged for all customers. Carseats must be provided by the customer if taking children that require them
- Summer season: 5.00am and 6.00am options during June, July, and August
- Fall, Winter, and Spring season: 6.00am and 12.30pm options from September 1 through May 31
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.