Grim Reaper Tour
- Discover London's historical past with this walking guided tour
- Walk on the same streets Jack the Ripper once walked
- Let yourself be spooked by the ghosts of the acient London
- Visit Brick Lane, St. Katherine's Docks and the Spitalfields Market
Our tour begins in the 1400’s – a time long before an official police force patrolled the shadowed alleys in the city’s infamous “East End”. London was a city where the tyrants ruled and the weak were swallowed by Death’s gaping maw. This walk through the city’s gloom takes us through the site of gruesome executions, poverty, overcrowding, disease and criminality.
As we retrace the trail of the notorious Jack the Ripper murders, we get a taste for a new breed of soul harvester born of the Victorian age, the world’s first psychiatric hospital, plague pits, the Bloody Tower and Traitor’s Gate and several notoriously haunted areas of the East End. Discover how traitors and criminals were punished, why the Ripper was never caught and what life was really like for people living in the East End. In a city so full of light and beauty, this walk will show us the darkness waiting behind every corner.
This 2½-hour walking tour covers:
- Jack the Ripper – victims, suspects & killing methods
- Ghosts of ancient London
- Crime & punishment in Olde England
- London’s most haunted building – The Tower of London
- Former execution sites
- Bedlam: the notorious, first-ever psychiatric hospital
- St. Katherine’s Docks
- Spitalfields Market
- Prostitutes’ Church
- Brick Lane
- The Plague
- 2½-hour walking tour
Tower Hill EC3N 1JL, London UK
- The Grim Reaper Tour starts by the Sundial outside Tower Hill Station. Just look for the team with the red SANDEMANs NEW Europe umbrella!
- The independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites and stories above and lasts this long, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group!
- Take advantage of our group discount of 10% for groups of 10 or more!
- Every day 6:30pm
Explore over a thousand years of London’s dark history at the London Dungeon. You’ll explore 18 inte...
Away from the shiny sites that you find on souvenirs and postcards, join us in the London where stre...
The Tower Bridge Experience offers you the opportunity to explore Tower Bridge as a living monument ...
Join your favorite DreamWorks characters on a fantastic new journey on Shrek’s Adventure in London! ...
Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience when you join our unique fully-guided tour at Warner Bros. ...
The View from The Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe takes you on a multi-sensory journey...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
You could spend a lifetime looking at every item in the collection of the British Museum and still n...
After meeting your guide at St Pancras International train station by the Eurostar departures, you w...