Tower of London and private audience with a Beefeater
- Entrance to Tower of London and private tour with a Beefeater guard
- Early start time so you arrive before the crowds at the Tower of London
- Unlimited free time in the Tower of London after your tour to explore at leisure
- Small groups of 30 people or fewer
Experience the infamous Tower of London on this exciting tour with exclusive access to one of the sites’ famous Beefeater guards. Used as both a Palace and a prison, this landmark is most well-known as the home of the Crown Jewels and execution site of three Queens of England.
Your personalised experience begins in front of the main entrance to the Tower of London where you will meet a City Wonders representative for an inspiring introduction to the history of this attraction. You will then be led in to meet one of the Tower’s Yoeman Warders, more commonly known as Beefeaters. Dedicated only to your small group, this Beefeater will explain the story and traditions of this elite guard and will be available to take pictures and answer questions.
After the tour, you are free to stay in the Tower to explore its’ vast history. Visit the Tower Green to see the spot where Tudor King, Henry the VIII, beheaded Lady Jane Grey and two of his wives: Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard”.You can also explore the famous White Tower, a medieval keep, where the ‘Princes in the Tower’ were held and allegedly murdered by their Uncle Richard III so he could usurp the English throne.
Because our tour begins early in the morning, you will have the opportunity to be among the first visitors to the Jewel House to see the spectacular Crown Jewels, which have been held here for the last 600 years. These are the official regalia and vestments used by the Sovereign of the United Kingdom during coronation ceremonies and other noble appearances. This priceless collection includes magnificent orbs, swords, rings, crowns and sceptres.
- Entrance tickets to the Tower of London
- Tour of the Tower with a Beefeater assigned to your small group
- Small groups of 30 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 4 and under): free
- Child: 5-14 years old
1 Tower Hill Terrace, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4EE, UK
Meeting Point: Directly in front of the Ticket Office at Tower of London, look for City Wonders representative holding a City Wonders sign. The ticket office is located just opposite the main entrance to the Tower. Arriving by tube: Get off Tower Hill-Station (Circle and District lines). Turn right towards Trinity Square. You should clearly be able to see the tower when you exit the tube station. It is a short walk (approx. 3 minutes).
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- London's tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
- We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
- Please note that from 1/04/2020 the duration of this tour will be 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 08.45am
- Sunday and Monday: 09.45am
- Please note that from 1/04/2020, the duration of this tour will be 1 hour and 15 minutes
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
The View from The Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe takes you on a multi-sensory journey...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
The Tower Bridge Experience offers you the opportunity to explore Tower Bridge as a living monument ...
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating pr...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
See London through the eyes of Britain’s most famous monarchs. This choice of three different passes...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
With this package, you'll enjoy 24-hour hop on hop off access to River Thames sightseeing boats as w...
Discover two of the UK's most popular and iconic landmarks, Windsor Castle and the beautiful city of...