- Discover the Borromee islands, the most suggestive of the Lago Maggiore
- Explore the baroque palaces and the gardens of Isola Bella and Isola Madre
- Visit the historical halls and the medieval gardens of Rocca di Angera
- Be enchanted by the Museum of Dolls and Toys
Isola Madre and Isola Bella are both blooming oasis immersed in the blue of Lago Maggiore. They are the most impressive islands in the archipelago, named after the Borromeo family, the noble lineage that acquired them in the XIV century and transformed them with baroque palaces and rich gardens.
The most unique location among the islands is the Rocca D'Angera, standing in the middle of the blue of Lago Maggiore. In a strategic position for the control of the surrounding area, it belonged to the Visconti but in 1449 was acquired by the Borromeo.
The islands are accessible from March to October, and this ticket will allow you to see Isola Bella, Isola Madre, and Rocca D'Angera. On the islands, you will be able to visit the Borromei's Palaces - with their richly decorated halls preserving precious works of art - as well as the gardens, where statues and architectural decorations blend with the geometry of the natural setting.
At Rocca D'Angera you will see the historical halls: la Torre Castellana, l’Ala Scaligera, l’Ala Viscontea, la Torre di Giovanni Visconti e l’Ala dei Borromeo. Be enchanted by the Museum of Dolls and Toys, founded in 1988 by the princess Bona Borromeo Arese. It is the biggest museum of this kind in Europe and showcase over one thousands dolls made from the XVIII century up to nowadays. Rocca D'Angera is a center of excellence for those who are passionate about Middle Ages.
- Entrance Isola Bella, Isola Madre: palaces and gardens
- Rocca D'Angera: entrance to the castle, the Doll and Toy Museum and the garden
- Children from 6 to 15 years of age: reduced
- Children under 6 years of age: free admission
Isola Bella and Isola Madre, Lago Maggiore, Stresa VB
Rocca D'Angera, Via Rocca Castello, 2 21021 Angera VA
Isola Bella, Isola Madre and Rocca D'Angera can be reached by boat or hydrofoil from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno and Laveno.
- With this ticket, Isola Bella e Isola Madre must be visited on the same day, while the Rocca D'Angera can be visited on a different day, before the end of the season.
- Ticket valid until 21 October, 2018 from 9.00am to 5.30pm (last entrance)
- The islands and the Rocca are not accessible to people with limited mobility
How to reach Isola Bella and Isola Madre
- By car: Autostrada dei Laghi, direction Gravellona Toce, exit Carpugnino. Follow the indications for Stresa.
- By boat: You can reach Isola Bella and Isola Madre from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno, Laveno by boat.
- By train: Ferrovie dello Stato, line Milano-Sempione, stop: Stresa, connection with the boat. Ferrovie Nord, line Milano-Laveno, stop: Laveno. Many meters away you will find the embarkment by boat.
How to reach Rocca D'Angera
- By car: Autostrada dei Laghi – 61,5 km from Milan – exit Sesto Calende. From there, you take the strada statale 629, direction Angera, where you can find many tourism signages to lead your way.
- By boat: You can reach the Rocca from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno by boat.
- By train: Ferrovie dello Stato, line Milano-Sempione, stop: Arona, connection with the boat to reach Angera.
- Every day from 9.00am to 5.30pm (last entrance), from 23 March to 21 October, 2018
- Please note that Sunday 15 April, the Rocca di Angera will be closed to the public
Celebrated by poets and painted by artists from every period, Lake Como is considered one of the mos...
The Bernina Express is Europe’s highest alpine railway and follows one of the world’s most spectacul...
Discover Lake Como in Italy's beautiful Lake District, just a short distance from Milan. Nestled bet...
Mai sentito parlare dell'Hydrospeed? Si tratta dello sport che maggiormente permette di vivere il fi...
Oggi ci immergiamo nel canyon glaciologico della Val d’Ossola: gli Orridi di Uriezzo.
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Every Tuesday our fabulous party: Flamingo! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up: ...
Every wednasday our fabulous party: Sins! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up: DJ...
Every Thursday our fabulous party: Finest Thursdays! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits L...
Every Sunday our fabulous party: Special Sunday! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines...