After being picked up in Reykjavik, you will head to the base camp near Langjökull glacier where you will gear up and get ready for a fantastic day on the glacier. After a safety briefing on how to operate a snowmobile, head out on a one hour snowmobile ride. Halfway through the ride, stop at a natural ice cave on the glacier. You will park the sleds and go on foot the last few meters to the opening of the cave, where you will have enough time to explore the ice cave and make memories for life. Inside, you will have some great photo opportunities. After the ice caving, ride down to base camp and then head back to Reykjavík to finish your fantastic adventure.
Glacier snowmobiling and ice cave from Reykjavík
Availability: Every day from 1 November to 30 June
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Go on a thrilling snowmobile adventure
- Visit a natural ice cave
- Take stunning photos from inside the cave
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Round trip transportation from selected Reykjavik pick up points
- Free wifi on board transportation
- 1-hour double ride (possible to upgrade to single ride)
- A guided visit to a natural ice cave and all the safety equipment for the Snowmobile trip
- Children 8-16 years of age: reduced
Pick-up in Reykjavik
Please be ready at 7.30am for pick-up from a selected central point in Reykjavík - please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for pick-up to arrive
What to remember
- Participants must be at least 8 years of age
- Please note that the price of the tour is based on two persons sharing a snowmobile. If you prefer to ride solo, you can upgrade for only 6.000 isk extra.
- Bring with you warm outdoor clothing, sturdy shoes, sunglasses and your camera.
- Please note: Arctice Adventures reserves the right to alter the itinerary according to weather, road and glacier conditions. Your safety comes first.
- You need to have a valid drivers license to drive the snowmobile.
- All glacier trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk.
- Every day at 7.30am from 1 November to 30 June
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.