Horse riding tour with Gullfoss, Geysir and Þingvellir
- Take in the local sights on horseback
- Admire the geyser Strokkur and visit the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall
- Perfect for horse and nature lovers!
This day trip combines an exciting horseback riding tour in Iceland with the popular Golden Circle tour. Begin the day by driving to Eldhestar riding center located just outside Hveragerði, where the horseback riding tour takes off from. The Icelandic horse is a unique breed, known for its sturdiness and easy temperament, and has gained a legion of fans around the world. The ride lets you take in some of the local sights on horseback, and ends with a light lunch at the farm Vellir.
From there you will continue your journey to Geysir geothermal area, where the erupting geyser Strokkur is the star of the show. You’ll also visit the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall (Golden Falls) and Thingvellir National Park, with its amazing geology and history.
- Bus fare
- Guided tour of the Golden Circle
- 1.5–2 hour's guided riding tour
- Protective helmet
- Light lunch
- Children ages 7-14: reduced
- Small children ages 0-6: not permitted
BSI Coach Terminal, Vatnsmýrarvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tour starts at BSI Coach Terminal in downtown Reykjavík. You can get to the meeting point by organizing a hotel pick-up. Instructions will be provided on your voucher.
- Children 6 years and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Remember to dress warmly
- All riding is on excellent riding paths
- Drop-off is limited due to street closures and restrictions to the operation of buses in the city center. Therefore drop off may not be directly in front of your hotel/guesthouse but at designated bus stops close by
- Daily at 9.00am
- Pick-up is operated by Eldhestar between 8.00am and 8.30am
No trip to Iceland would be complete without submerging yourself in the steamy volcanic waters of th...
Wallowing in the steamy waters of the Blue Lagoon is one of this 100% Iceland experiences that defin...
On this tour, you'll spend a few hours exploring the world's most northerly capital city alongside a...
Iceland only has one breed of horse which have remained pure for over one thousand years – the Icela...
Iceland is famous for its glaciers but until recently, what lies underneath the Langjokull glacier h...
Misty waters, moss-covered rocks and great mountain views – the Secret Lagoon is the ultimate Icelan...