Guided tour to the Katla Ice Cave in a super Jeep from Vik
- A truly unique Ice Cave underneath Katla volcano
- Witness the breathtaking combination of fire and ice inside one of the rarest natural phenomena
- Enjoy an experience in a super Jeep
After being picked up from Vík, you'll be taken you on the road of “no man” that will take you to the mysterious cave. The road is bumpy and views are out-of-this-planet. You’ll feel like you are taking a sneak peek into the highlands are you see yourself surrounded by mountains covered in moss.
The ice cave is located in Kötlujökull Glacier which is an outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull glacier. Underneath awaits the mighty volcano Katla, which names both the glacier and the ice cave. Once you arrive at the glacier, your guide will hand you all the necessary ice cave equipment and go over a safety briefing and facts about glaciers and ice caves.
You’ll take a fun walk on the glacier with your experienced glacier guide before you enter the famous cave of “dragon glass”. The view inside the Ice Cave is truly spectacular the combination of the colors of the ice we don’t think are possible in nature, which is why this cave is also known as the “Dragon Ice Cave” because of Game of Thrones… Prepare to be amazed!
- Free Parking
- Ride on a Super Jeep into the country
- Certified Glacier Guide
- Fun Glacier Walk
- All Safety Ice Cave Equipment: crampons, helmet, and a headlamp
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothing (first layer)
- Waterproof clothing (second layer)
- Gloves to protect your hands
- Children (8-12): Reduced
Víkurbraut 5, 870 Vík
The meeting point for this tour is inside the restaurant at the Icelandic Lava Show. To find the exact location and directions you can look up the “Icelandic Lava Show” on Google Maps. Your guide will be waiting for you by a Super Jeep with a sign saying with the name of the tour.
- The tour is suitable to families
- Jeans are not recommended for glacier activities. Once denim gets wet it spreads moisture and takes a long time to dry, leaving the wearer cold
- The minimum age for the tour is 8 years
- Please meet 20 minutes before the departure time stated on your ticket
- The tour runs daily at 9.30am, 1.00pm, and 4.30pm
The first stop is at the Seljalandsfoss waterfall which you can walk behind and get a unique point o...
Sail out from Reykjavík in search of the beautiful Aurora Borealis! It only takes you 10-15 minutes ...
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
The Golden Circle is a popular route that passes by a series of the most remarkable and diverse site...
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and hist...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from Keflavik International Airport to your hotel in Reykjavik....
The ancient and enormous icebergs breaking off from Vatnajökull glacier into Jökulsárlón glacial lag...
This is a comprehensive glacier tour, where you’ll learn about these massive natural phenomena from ...
Grab your hiking boots and get ready, because you’re going to hike Sólheimajökull glacier in souther...