Northern lights by boat
- Enjoy this relaxing tour far from the city and sail into the wilderness
- Don't miss this chance to see the amazing dance of the Aurora
- Go on a hunt for the Northern Lights by sailing from Reykjavik
- Enjoy the stunning view of the aurora out on the quiet ocean
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borealis? If you're traveling to Iceland, be sure to go on a Northern Light hunt on a boat!
Combine a refreshing boat tour and a unique Northern Light hunt. Join this amazing boat tour for a mysterious trip on a dark winter night. The season for Northern Lights in Iceland extends from the tail end of the summer from September through winter and well into April. The best time to see Northern Lights is in the middle of winter when the weather is the coldest and when it is the darkest. Crisp cold evenings with skies clear enough to see stars is a prime indicator for one of nature’s most spectacular displays; the Northern Lights.
Sail away from the coastline of Reykjavik and see the aurora borealis out on the North-Atlantic ocean. The view of the Northern Lights against the beautiful mountains and city lights will give you a memory of Iceland that you will never forget. No distraction, no lights from the city, just the quiet waters of the ocean and the sky to spot the elusive Northern Lights.
With the commentary of an expert guide you will learn about the science and the folklore of the magical light show. The trip will be made more enjoyable by complimentary hot drinks and warm overalls, to keep you cosy while gazing at the night sky.
Your tour guides are committed to give the best possible experience, so the trip is subject to the right weather conditions. When it is too windy on the sea, the tour will be conducted through private buses. Your ticket will remain valid to go out on the boat tour on the next suitable day.
- Guided boat tour
- Warm overalls
- Wireless internet on board
- Café and souvenir shop
- WCs on board
- Snacks and drinks
- Children between 7 and 15: half-price
- Children under 7 years old: free
Aegisgardur 13, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tour starts from Reykjavik’s Old Harbour 101, Reykjavík
- You are recommended to arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
- Subject to the correct weather conditions, sightings cannot be guaranteed
- If you don't see any northern lights on the tour, you get another tour for free
- Your booking will be confirmed within 12 hours
- Tour operates daily from 1 September - 15 April
- 1 September - 30 September daily at 10.00pm
- 1 October - 14 March daily at 9.00pm
- 15 March - 15 April daily at 10.00pm
- Duration of the tour is between 2-3 hours
Have you always wanted to see whales in their natural environment? What about some playful white-bea...
Glacier Lagoon is one of the most amazing natural wonders of Iceland. In this tour you’ll experience...
The Golden Circle is a popular route that passes by a series of the most remarkable and diverse site...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
This tour is perfect if you aren't an early-bird or had some plans in the morning! Visit the pearls ...
Enjoy the natural spectacle of the Aurora Borealis away from the buzz and lights of the city.The des...
Experience the wide range of Icelandic natural beauty in the wonderful Snæfellsnes Peninsula.This to...
You will pass the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik a...
One room. One team. 60 minutes to escape. Can you work together to make it out in time?With six uniq...
Join this Secret lagoon and Northern lights trip and discover the rugged charm of an Icelandic open ...