RIB Express whale watching tour from Reykjavik
- Get up close and personal with the magnificent whales of Faxaflói Bay
- Stop by the puffin island Akurey
- Enjoy a scenic route along the coast of Reykjavík
Join this amazing 2-hour RIB Express tour! During the tour, you will get up close and personal with the magnificent whales of Faxaflói Bay. The 12-meter-long boat allows you to get very close to the animals in a way that is extra safe for both the passengers and the whales.
On the way out of the whale watching area, you will stop by the puffin island Akurey to catch a glimpse of these adorable seabirds that live on the coast of Iceland during their nesting season. When you head out into the bay enjoy the fast, thrilling ride with the wind in your hair. The boat will have a comfortable cruising speed of 32 knots so you’ll have plenty of time out in the whales' feeding grounds. On the way back to the harbor enjoy a scenic route along the coast of Reykjavík, a perfect photo opportunity!
- Warm overalls, lifevests, gloves and goggles provided
- A visit to the Puffin Island in the summertime
- Scenic route along the Reykjavík coastline
- Suspension seats for extra comfort
- Free ticket to join the Whale Watching Classic or Whale Watching Express tour if there are no sightings
- Children 7-15 years: half price.
- Children under 7 years old: free
AEgisgardur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tour starts from Reykjavik’s Old Harbour 101, Reykjavík.
- Please note that this tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with back problems or severe heart conditions, children under 10 years or people under 130cm
- Tour operates daily from April to October
- Starting times depend on the season, see calendar for more details
No trip to Iceland would be complete without submerging yourself in the steamy volcanic waters of th...
Wallowing in the steamy waters of the Blue Lagoon is one of this 100% Iceland experiences that defin...
On this tour, you'll spend a few hours exploring the world's most northerly capital city alongside a...
Iceland only has one breed of horse which have remained pure for over one thousand years – the Icela...
Iceland is famous for its glaciers but until recently, what lies underneath the Langjokull glacier h...
Misty waters, moss-covered rocks and great mountain views – the Secret Lagoon is the ultimate Icelan...