Sightseeing tour of Reykjavík
- Visit the Presidential Residence in Bessastaðir in the Icelandic Capital
- See the Perlan, Hallgrímskirkja church, the Old harbor and the city center
- Don't miss the Höfði House where Reagan met Gorbachev in 1986
- Listen to your guide's fun anecdotes about Reykjavik's history
If you're in Reykjavik for a short while or want to visit the city with a professional guide who will tell you all about famous Icelandic traditions and stories, this tour is for you. Visit the most significant sights of Iceland’s capital and the surrounding towns in a few hours only.
This all inclusive tour includes Reykjavik‘s top attractions, interesting facts and stories that relate to history and culture in Iceland. The tour travels the greater Reykjavik area including surrounding municipalities, providing an excellent opportunity to discover various things to see or to do in Reykjavik during your stay in Iceland. On this tour you will visit the Perlan glass dome where a 360 viewing platform provides some of the best places for sightseeing in Reykjavik.
After enjoying the spectacular view over Reykjavik city and its surroundings, the tour proceeds to Reykjavik's seafront o the old Höfði house where the all-important summit between former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and former U.S.S.R. Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev took place in 1986.
Next stop is Hallgrímskirkja church whose design was inspired by basalt lava columns, a common volcanic rock formation in Icelandic nature. From Hallgrimskirkja church the tour explores Reykjavik city center in and around the Parliament building by Austurvöllur, sometimes referred to as "the Old town".
And, this is merely a taste of the sights that you'll get to see!
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation in a minivan (max 19 passengers)
- Entrance fee to Perlan Observation Deck
- Hotel pick-up from Reykjavik hotels and guesthouses
- Drop-off at your hotel after the tour
- Guided bus tour in English
- On selected days also German, French and Scandinavian languages are available
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Children 11 years and under: free
- Youth 12 to 17 years of age: reduced
Holtagarðar, Holtavegur 10, 104 Reykjavik, Iceland
Please book your pick-up before your tour by contacting your tour operator. If you do not wish to take advantage of the complimentary pick-up service, please make your way to the meeting point at the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time stated on your voucher and introduce yourself at the sales desk for check-in.
- Please call at least 72 hours prior to your tour to confirm your pick-up
- To help ensuring the quickest possible collection please wait outside or at the entrance of your hotel for the bus
- Returning from your tour you will be dropped off at the hotel or guest house you were collected from or at the closest possible point
- Every day at 9.00am and 2.00pm
- No tours on December 25
- Pick up from hotels and guest houses begins 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher
- Those not wanting the pick-up service should come to the office at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- Please note that tours in French, German and Scandinavian languages are not available daily. Please check the calendar for more details
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and hist...
The Golden Circle is a popular route that passes by a series of the most remarkable and diverse site...
Explore the magnificent Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls and fly through black lava sand fiel...
You will pass the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik a...
This tour is perfect if you aren't an early-bird or had some plans in the morning! Visit the pearls ...
Visit Þingvellir National Park and relax by the natural geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana Spa t...
Visit two of the South Coast’s superstars - Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls - and take a thr...
Glacier Lagoon is one of the most amazing natural wonders of Iceland. In this tour you’ll experience...
No trip to Iceland would be complete without submerging yourself in the steamy volcanic waters of th...
If you want to escape the city and see a bit more of Iceland, this trip is ideal. It introduces you ...