Golan Heights day tour
Golan Heights resides in the most northern part of Israel where there are beautiful views filled with trees and mountains.
Your tour departs from Tel Aviv as you pass Natanya and Herzeliya. You will go north along the coastal plain then turn through the plain of Armageddon where you will find a good view of Megiddo. From Golan Heights you can see where the three borders meet, Jordan, Syria and Israel.
Katzrin is one of the major cities of the Golan Heights where you can find one of the oldest synagogues from the 6th century that was actually built over an even older synagogue built around the 4th century. Katzrin was destroyed in an earthquake in 746 C.E. and likely the reason it was abandoned. You will explore the partially restored remains of an excavated village from the period of the Talmud. Next you will move on to the Syrian fortifications at Mount Bental where you will find trenches and bunkers that were taken by Israel in the Six Day War.
- Entrance fees
- Tour guide
- Private insurance
- Children (0-12): reduced
You will be picked up direct from your Tel Aviv hotel. Please provide hotel information when you make your booking.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- A minimum of 4 participants necessary for tour to operate
- In the rare case there are not enough participants, you would be notified at least 24 hours prior
- Dress code:
- Winter: very warm clothing
- Summer: cool, comfortable clothing and head covering
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- Recommended to carry cash for gratuities and personal expenses
- Sundays and Wednesdays
- Hotel pick-up:
- From Tel Aviv: 7.05-7.15am (depending on hotel location)
- from Jerusalem at 5.50am (for an extra fee)
On your 3-city, 2-day tour you will visit Caesarea, Acre and Golan with a 1-night stay in a hotel in...
Departing from Tel Aviv, you will head to Bethlehem to explore the city before it becomes bustling w...
On this tour you will see the fortress of Masada, Ein Gedi nature reserve, and the Dead Sea, departi...
Explore an intriguing region which can be difficult for some travelers to visit alone. On your guide...
Join this Jerusalem Day Tour departing from Tel Aviv, the most convenient way to discover the rich a...
From the elevated position on the Mount of Olives, you have a panoramic view of the Holy City of Jer...