Classical Muscat tour
- Marvelous insight into the culture and history of Oman
- Explore one of the oldest Souqs
- Opportunity to purchase unique souvenirs for your friends and family
A superb introduction to Oman, the Muscat city tour will guide you around this fascinating Capital City where you will be given a marvelous insight into the culture and history this unique destination offers.
In the morning you will meet your guide and embark on your journey towards the Grand Mosque. The Grand Mosque is one of the largest Mosques in the world and at one time, it can accommodate 20,000 worshippers. It's full of beautiful artwork, chandeliers and one piece carpet covering the entire prayer hall.
After the visit to the Grand Mosque, you will leave for a tour of Old Muscat. You will first drive towards Bait Al Zubair Museum; which consists of a concise collection reflecting the splendid Omani Heritage. The collection includes traditional Omani Weapons such as; swords, daggers, rifles & their accessories, along with jewelry, cosmetics & costumes from various regions of Oman.
Later, you will arrive at the official palace of His Majesty, Sultan Qaboos. Al Alam Palace is flanked by two Portuguese forts: Jalali and Mirani. Jalali Fort has been completely refurbished and now used as a Museum for the guests of State and Royal Family. This will be an outside photo stop only as a visit to the Palace and Fort is not possible due to security reasons.
You will then continue the drive along the corniche side and arrive at the Muttrah souq, one of the oldest souqs in Oman. Embark on your walk through the narrow alleys of the souq and enjoy the mystic smell of sandalwood that creates a great atmosphere. It is a place where you can communicate with local people and can buy souvenirs for friends and family.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Please note that to visit the Mosque you will have to be dressed conservatively. One should not wear revealing or transparent clothes and should be covered from head to toe.
- Ladies have to cover their heads with a scarf.
- No photography of locals without permission
- All weekdays except Fridays and Oman Public holidays.
- The Grand Mosque is open from Saturday to Thursday from 08.00am to 11.00am
Al Angham is a breathtaking dining location with elegant and intricate ceilings and woodwork. It is ...
Muscat is a beautiful city which lies in a maze of brown pleated Mountains.Your visit starts with a ...
Whether you enjoy dune bashing with our experienced drivers in the powdery desert of Wahiba Sands or...
Have the best of your stay in Muscat and arrange your private airport transfer in advance. Let your ...
After your pick-up travel to Nizwa, the city that once served as the capital of the country, the bir...
Upon arrival, explore the sights of the city’s historic fortifications, noted for numerous mosques a...