Enjoy Amsterdam at its fullest during this highlights tour with a twist. The Begijnhof, Rembrandt's House and the former Jewish neighborhood are absolute must-visits. Besides that you’ll be amazed by all the hidden gems that can be found just around the corner of the best sights. One thing though: you’ll need to have the knowledge of a local to know where to find them.
Luckily, you can now discover everything this awesome city has in store during this unique tour. Yup, both the top visits and the secret spots! How? Together with your own private local host of course.
Wander past all the famous monuments while you get to know all historical facts and unique local insights about them. The guide has also taken care of your appetite by including a true local snack in the itinerary. Just a few steps from the famous Flowermarket you can find the most unique family restaurant of Amsterdam. A delicious hidden gem!
You’d easily walk past it if you don’t know what heavenly food is waiting inside. They’ve been successful for over a century thanks to their authentic recipe for the “bitterbal” or “kroketje”. Not sure what that is? You’ll find out. It’s the best local treat you can have!
This is the plan:
- Meeting Point - Central meeting point at Beursplein
- Stop 1 - Walk around the famous Dam Square, the biggest square in Amsterdam. Known for the royal palace, the national memorial statue and the hippies who used to occupy it in the 60’s
- Stop 2 - Visit a beautiful chapel hidden at Begijnhof. Begijnhof is already hidden away from the busy streets of Amsterdam, but what a lot of people don’t know is that there is an even more secretive place to be found in this beautiful garden
- Stop 3 - Wander past the Flowermarket - a real must do! It’s the only floating flowermarket in the world
- Stop 4 - Visit the Rembrandt Square, named after the famous painter Rembrandt van Rijn. This location is one of the most vibrant places in the city. Mostly known for it’s local and social atmosphere and the 3D version of Rembrandt’s famous creation: the Night Watch
- Stop 5 - Discover the former Jewish neighborhood and learn all about Anne Frank and the Jewish oppression in Amsterdam
- Stop 6 - Walk across the most picturesque square of Amsterdam: Waterlooplein. Looking for an authentic souvenir? You’re at the right spot. This square is known for it’s daily flea-market that is very popular amongst locals who love to hunt for a unique bargain
- Stop 7 - Walk past Rembrandt's House and learn all about the history and stories behind this great painter. But that’s not all; prepare yourself to find a true hidden gem. No spoilers, but it’s going to be amazing!
- Final Stop - Hip streets of Amsterdam filled with vintage and hip boutiques, small bars and cool cafés. Get to know all about modern-day life in Amsterdam