David Bowie's Berlin city tour
- Travel back in time to the Cold War that inspired David Bowie's Berlin albums
- Start at the legendary club Zoo Station and follow Bowie's trail to the flat he shared with Iggy Pop
- Take a stroll by the Hansa recording studios where Bowie’s music reached its creative peak
- Discover Bowie's strange inspirational attachment to his adopted dystopia of Cold War angst,
- Visit and explore Bowie's favorite Berlin Clubs and Cafés
When David Bowie moved to Berlin in 1976, he found an island of Cold War angst, “cut off from its world, art and culture, dying with no hope of retribution.” This tour takes you back to the decadent 1970s city that inspired Bowie’ s classic Berlin albums Low, Heroes and Lodger. Starting at Cold War West Berlin’ s decadent heart, Zoo Station, we follow Bowie’ s trail to the flat he shared with Iggy Pop, the clubs they partied in and the legendary Hansa recording studios where Bowie’ s music reached its creative peak.
Visited sites: Bahnhof Zoo, former Dschungel Club, KaDeWe, Potsdamer Platz, Hansa Studios, Berlin Wall, Topographie of Terror, Bowie’ s former home, Neues Ufer Café.
- Guided walking tour of David Bowie's Berlin (3 hours)
- You will need to use public transport a few times since the distances between some key sites would be too far to walk. If you will not have a few day visitor's transit pass to Berlin already, we suggest that you purchase the day metro pass. If you cannot purchase it in advance then your guide will help you to purchase it at the first metro station on the tour
Schiffbauerdamm 8, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide at Ständige Vertretung, a memorabilia-filled cafe, Schiffbauerdamm 8, 10117 Berlin.
- Monday and Friday: 2.00pm
- Wednesday and Saturday: 5.00pm:
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
Learn more about the final battle in Berlin, World War II, Soviet Berlin, the Berlin Wall and urban ...
Learn more about the final battle for Berlin, the arrival of the Soviets in Berlin, the Cold War, th...
Enjoy a private history tour in the center of Berlin about the final offensive in WWII. This guided ...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...