From 1939 to 1945, Britain fought to survive against the might of the German war machine. During your tour, you'll step back in time as you see the wartime headquarters where the Allied leaders coordinated the resistance and see the visible signs of bomb damage from the war including the remnants of a church destroyed during the blitz. You'll see many iconic spots that recall wartime London including the site where Sir Winston Churchill delivered his VE Day speech, the building where Operation Overlord was planned and the many monuments and statues that are dedicated to those who fought during that time.
History & heritage tours
Wartime London small group experience
Availability: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Do this because
- Compare wartime photos of iconic landmarks with their modern day appearance
- Feel the atmosphere of the 1940s with a vintage music soundtrack
- Discover important wartime headquarters and hear original news broadcasts from that period
- See evidence of bomb damage from the Blitz
What to expect
- Expert guide
- Wi-Fi on-board
- Luxury small group vehicle
- USB charging on-board
- Souvenir photo book
What's not included
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- Children (3-16 years old): Reduced
- Students (with a valid student ID): Reduced
- Seniors (over 60 years old): Reduced
Trafalgar House, 17-19 Cockspur St, St. James's, London SW1Y 5BL, UK
Please meet your guide at 8.45am at the Original London Visitor Centre, just inside the door on the left-hand side.
What to remember
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the schedule departure time
- The tour will end at around 12.00pm at Victoria Train Station
- This tour runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9.00am
Evan Evans Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.