Brooklyn in Three Drinks: Bar Tour and History Walk
- Discover the history of Brooklyn through its bars, led by a local
- You’ll visit three equally authentic but entirely different establishments: A historic cop bar, a dive bar and a boutique distillery
- Raise a glass: Two of your drinks are on us
This Brooklyn bar tour begins in one of the city’s most historic bars, for a bottle of beer and a trip back to the age of prohibition when wetting your whistle in Brooklyn wasn’t quite so easy. Moving to the next spot, a much-loved local dive, you'll grab margaritas to go before wandering through one of the neighborhood’s most impressive regeneration projects. Gentrification has been a mixed blessing in Brooklyn. Traveling with a local guide, you’ll learn about the advantages (great amenities, great coffee, great beer) and disadvantages (rent). Your tour ends in one of our favorite secret spots - a new little distillery, just recently opened. Your guide has special permission from the owners to take you on a guided tour of the pots, where gin and whiskey are distilled, before depositing you at the beautiful little bar in front. Your guide will leave the choice (and bill) in this bar to you, although their signature cocktails are highly recommended. Throughout your Brooklyn bar tour, you'll be immersed in the (social) life of the neighborhood. Whether it’s official history, witty anecdotes, or just a bit of barroom hearsay. Sites Visited: - Teddy’s Bar - Turkey’s Nest Tavern - McCarren Park - The Shanty
- 1 beer, 1 margarita
- Guided Walking Tour
- Extra drinks
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Children under the age of 21 years are not allowed on this tour.
96 Berry St, Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
This tour meets in front of Teddy's Bar & Grill located at 96 Berry St in Brooklyn.
- While never expected, tips/gratuity are always appreciated
- Please note that guests must arrive 10 minutes before tour departure time
- All travelers over the age of 21 must bring their ID for this tour
- 15 April 2019 - 01 November 2019 Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays at 5:00 pm
Your visit to the most filmed city in the world wouldn't be complete without a Turner Classic Movies...
New York proudly holds the title as the most filmed city in the world! On this super fun TV and movi...
The New York Water Taxi All-Day Access Pass is the perfect way to see the best of the city that neve...
The Whitney Museum of American Art has been a longstanding institution dedicated solely to American ...
This guided Brooklyn Bridge tour will take you on a scenic stroll across the bridge and into the cla...
More than 1.1 million people were murdered behind the barbed-wire fences of Auschwitz between May 19...