DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Taste different dishes from some of New York City’s most popular food carts and food trucks
- This tour will give you a taste of the cuisines that Wall Street workers know and love
- Meet local street vendors, many of whom are Vendy Award winners or finalists
- A portion of each ticket goes to the Street Vendor Project, which advocates for NYC’s street vendors
WHAT TO EXPECT
Get a taste of the Financial District on this 2-hour walking tour that explores the past and present of New York’s street food industry and the challenges of running these thriving but demanding small businesses.
Each tour includes six generous tastings from some of the best food carts and trucks in New York City – the menu rotates from week to week, but tastings on your tour may include Egyptian falafel, Trinidadian jerk chicken, Greek souvlaki, Korean-Mexican tacos, or authentic New York pizza, all prepared in these amazing curbside kitchens.
But beyond the amazing food, you will also get the chance to meet working street vendors, understand the rules and regulations they navigate every day, and learn what it takes to launch and run a successful street food business. You will never look at street food the same way again!
- A knowledgeable and engaging tour guide
- 5 generous food tastings and a bottle of water
- A souvenir postcard
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuity for your tour guide
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour moves at a leisurely pace and involves some walking between food stops, but with opportunities to sit down along the way.
- This tour is fully accessible for individuals and groups who use wheelchairs.
- This tour can be adapted for vegetarians and some other dietary restrictions with advance notice.
- On the day of the tour, please bring your voucher and an umbrella or sunblock depending on the forecast. This tour operates rain or shine.
- This tour operates most Wednesdays from 12:00pm to 2:00pm year-round.
- Blackout dates include the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.
- Children (5 to 11 years-old)
- Senior Citizens (65 +)
New York: discover all activities