Statue of Liberty tour with pedestal access and Ellis Island
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Statue of Liberty, including special access to the statue pedestal
- Visit Ellis Island and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, taking their first step on the land of freedom
- Get more from your experience with an expert guide at the Ellis Island Immigration Museum
- Walk the Stairs of Separation, visit the Kissing Post and hear tales at the American Immigrant Wall of Honor to put a human context on your visit
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on our Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour.
Start the tour with a little context, visiting the sites around Battery Park. The memorials here rarely get the attention they deserve, from visitors rushing past to board the ferry. The stories they have to tell are well worth hearing though, so we’ll spare some time for the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then it’s off to Liberty Island, with priority boarding to get you the best seats on the ferry – and since you leave so early (often on the first ferry, depending on the time of year) you’ll arrive at the Statue before the crowds. Once there, you’ll enjoy stunning views back over the city and a guided tour that takes you right into the pedestal.
Here your guide will teach you a little about the city’s greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian Tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasn’t as warmly received as you would think.
Then it’s back on the ferry and on to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants: The Island of Hope and The Island of Tears. Together you’ll explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays, asking all the questions you want of your expert guide. Your tour ends in Ellis Island, so you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back on the ferry with your guide.
With groups of 20 people or fewer and early morning ferries to the islands, your tour will be peaceful and relaxed, removing the stress and frustrations of the average visit and with an expert guide on hand, you’re certain to learn a thing or two, getting more from your experience than you would have on your own.
- Statue of Liberty Museum and Pedestal
- Ellis Island Museum
- Castle Clinton National Monument
- Pier A Harbor House (exterior)
- American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial
- The Sphere
- New York Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Expert local tour guide
- Statue of Liberty Pedestal tickets
- Fully guided Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum tour
- All pre-reserved ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
New York Korean War Veterans Memorial, New York, NY 10004, USA
Front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place, in Battery Park, to the right of Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton. If you are arriving by taxi, tell the driver Pier A Harbor House, in Battery Park, near the Statue of Liberty ferry. Arriving by subway, take 4, 5 to Bowling Green, or 1 or R to Rector Street. Walks towards the water. Pier A Harbor House is to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton.
- Please note, early access to the Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8.30am/9.00am departure is selected
- The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure
- Tour participants must be able to climb 215 stairs from Statue lobby to the top of the Pedestal (There is an elevator, but it is for emergency only or special circumstances, such as a guest with a disability and elevator can only fit 6 people at a time.)
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/safetyandsecurtiy.htm"
- There is an elevator at Statue pedestal, but it is for emergency only or special circumstances, such as a guest with a disability. Although both Liberty Island (Statue) and Ellis Island are wheelchair accessible, Pedestal access to the Statue is NOTpossible due to narrow space of the pedestal. Please see FAQs for additional details
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers.
- Food and beverages must be stored in lockers upon arrival at Statue
Early Access Tour (8.30am/9.00am)
- 01 January-28 February: Daily except for Wednesdays at 9.00am
- 01 March-31 May: Daily at 9.00am
- 01 June-30 September: Daily at 8.30am
- October: Daily at 9.00am
- Please note, early access to Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8:30 AM / 9:00 AM Departure is selected
Late Morning Tour (11.00am)
- 01 March-21 May: Not available
- 22 May-30 September: Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
- October: Not available
Early Afternoon (1.00pm)
- 01 March 2019 - 21 May: Not available
- 22 May-30 September: Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
Join an all-inclusive visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, both New York City landmarks ...
Standard Ticket - allows you to skip only the ticket purchasing line. Depending on how busy it is, y...
Choose between two ticket types:Standard Ticket - with this option you can skip the hassle of the bo...
See incredible views of New York City from the observatory of One World Trade Center: America’s tall...
Leaving early in the morning, you'll enjoy watching movies and Wi-Fi onboard while admiring the land...
During this one-of-a-kind comprehensive tour of the Big Apple, you’ll explore the city’s most exciti...
Enjoy a half day tour with live commentary by a licensed professional tour guide featuring the best ...
See New York City sparkle on an evening panoramic tour of the city! Experience awesome New York City...
Day 1: New York – Philadelphia- Washington, D.C.Depart New York through New Jersey to the city of br...
Stomp is a high-energy, percussive symphony, coupled with dance, played entirely on non-traditional ...