Whitney Museum - Express Entry
- Get your ticket online & enter right away without hassle
- Admire all the most famous artwork of the Whitney museum
- From conceptual art, dripping and hyperalism to Neo-dada
- Don't miss Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol, Man Ray or de Kooning
- See American Gothic in New York
If you're looking for a cultural visit, a famous New York museum to escape the hustle and bustle of Manhattan or even better, a cultural visit by night, this is for you: with your ticket in hand, go to the admission desk and dive into a world of art! Stroll in the various galleries between paintings, sculptures, representing all modern works of art from conceptual art, constructivism, dripping, figurative art, hyperralism to Neo-Dada, at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
The Whitney Museum was founded by Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney in 1931 and has since grown their permanent collection to over 21.000 work of art ranging from paintings, sculptures and drawings to prints, photos, films and videos by famous modern and contemporary artists. The Whitney Museum is famous, amongst other things, for exhibiting the works of living artists and also for its very large art collection of the first half of the 20th century. The Museum was, for more than 50 years, located in the Upper West Side but has moved to the West Village/Meatpacking District and reopened on May 1st, 2015.
If the Whitney Museum now exhibits permanent collections of famous artists such as Edward Hopper, Jasper Johns, Willem de Kooning, Jackson Pollocks, Robert Rauschenberg, Man Ray, Mark Rothko, Morgan Russell or Andy Warhol, it is also famous for offering many contemporary lesser-known artists the opportunity to present their work on a grander scale. Every two years, the Whitney Museum holds the Whitney Biennial where these new artists may be selected to exhibit their art such as the famous 1976 exhibit of live body builders featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Many temporary exhibitions are also worth a detour such as Frank Stella (Oct 2015-Feb 2016) or In Full Swing: the Art of Stuart David (2016).
For a limited time only, see the Grant Wood Exhibit that will be at the Whitney from 2 March - 10 June 2018. Grant Wood’s American Gothic is one of the most recognizable paintings in 20th century American art. Witness this masterpiece along with the full range of Wood’s work.
If modern art is your passion, this is for you! With this ticket you’ll have instant access to the Whitney Museum. Dining options include the 'Untitled' restaurant and the Studio Cafe(by reservation only). get your ticket and spend your day immersed in a timeless world of art.
- Express-access ticket
- Children 18 and under: free
- Seniors and Students: reduced price
99 Gansevoort Street, New York, NY 10014
Whitney Museum of American Art
- Express entry. Proceed directly to the scanning entry point
- You'll receive your tickets as soon as you book them
- You can use the tickets as soon as you receive them
- Food and drinks cannot be consumed in the galleries (but you will find a restaurant and cafe inside de museum)
- Please do not touch the works of art on display
- Photography is allowed in the galleries for personal use. Tripods, flashes and selfie sticks are forbidden however
- Pets are not allowed in the gallery except for service animals
- The use of charcoal, pastels, permanent markers and watercolor or oil paint is not allowed in the galleries
- Please deposit any items larger than 11 x 15 x 5 inches in the coat check during your visit
- Large luggage may not be accepted
- Backpacks must be removed and carried
- Umbrellas must be checked or placed in a protective bag supplied by the Museum
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted anywhere within the building
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged
The Whitney Museum is open every day except on Tuesdays.
- Mondays: 10.30am-6pm
- Tuesdays: Closed
- Wednesdays: 10.30am-6pm
- Thursdays: 10.30am-6pm
- Fridays: 10.30am-10pm
- Saturdays: 10.30am-10pm
- Sundays: 10.30am-6pm
The Museum is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
View the bright lights of the big city on this escorted evening tour aboard a double-decker bus. Tre...
Take a trip through the reel New York on this tour featuring over 40 locations: - See the Empire Sta...
Whether you are a tourist or a local, a family or a group of friends, this tour is the perfect oppor...
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings ...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...