- Visit the Cathedral Notre Dame and the Sainte Chapelle
- See the dazzling stained glass of the Sainte Chapelle
- Visit the imposing Conciergerie, revolutionary prison
- Stroll around the streets of the charming Ile de la Cité
Join us for a tour of the history and timeless structures of the Ile de la Cité and visit the Cathedral of Notre Dame, the Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie with an expert guide.
Meet us at the Pont Neuf for a stroll of this lovely island. Learn about Henry IV, much beloved King of France, and the charming park where he would once meet his many mistresses, now a favorite place to sit and enjoy a picnic by the riverside.
Our first visit is to the Conciergerie. The original royal palace of the kings of France, this institution ironically served as a prison during the French Revolution. This was where Marie Antoinette was finally incarcerated, tried, and condemned to the guillotine in 1793. Learn about the conditions of the prisoners of the period as you glimpse into this most turbulent period of French history.
Sitting next to the Conciergerie is the Sainte Chapelle, a small gothic church that’s absolutely irresistible due to the world-famous stained glass panels that surround the upper level. We’ll skip the often long lines, but our biggest added value is your guide’s explanations. The spectacular stained glass windows were modeled on religious manuscripts of medieval times, and your guide will help you “read” them!
Then we'll head to the Notre Dame Cathedral, the epitome of the gothic architecture styles that originated here in the Paris region. Your expert guide will accompany you into the church and lead you around the interior, giving you essential context, pointing out some of the largest rose windows in Europe and show you where the relics of Christ’s crown of thorns are kept.
- Guided visits of Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle, the Conciergerie & Ile de la Cité - Entrance tickets and reservations where necessary
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide - Limited groups of 25 people or fewer - Headsets when necessary so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuites (optional)
- Youth (11 - 17 years): reduced
- Child (4-10 years): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years): free
Pont Neuf bridge, 75001 Paris
Meet your guide 15 minutes before departure in the middle of the Pont Neuf bridge there is a bronze statue of King Henri IV on horseback. The nearest metro station is 'Pont Neuf' (line 7).
- The tour involves a reasonable amount of walking
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Headsets where necessary so you can always hear your guide
- From April 1 to October 31
Departure at 2.15pm
Jamais le deuxième soir Quand les femmes font comme les hommes ! Et si les femmes étaient le sexe fo...
Le dimanche, à 11h, du 18 mars au 18 novembre 2018 Rendez-vous à la sortie du métro Pont-Marie, lign...
Un des plus beaux théâtres de verdure d’Europe !!! La sortie culturelle en plein air à Paris. Venez ...
PARIS (26 janvier 2018) – Kevin Hart annonce aujourd’hui des dates supplémentaires pour la tournée d...
THE MUSICAL BOX PERFORMS GENESIS THE MUSICAL BOX, pour la première fois en 25 ans, offre à ses spect...
Le billet donne accès à la Galerie de l'Homme et au Balcon des sciences. Horaires : Le Musée de l’Ho...