Trip to Chambord and Chenonceau with wine-tasting from Paris
- Visit 2 of the Loire Valley's most famous Renaissance châteaux
- Travel by air-conditionned coach from the center of Paris
- See King Francis I's famous staircase at Chambord
Delve into centuries of history and architecture in a single day. Head to Chambord and Chenonceau, spectacular castles of Renaissance in Loire Valley. Admire the beautiful countryside along the Loire and throughout France as well as enjoy our way of life, which is known the world over!
Leave from our agency in central Paris at 7.15 am. for a special day touring the Loire Valley. Relax on a luxury air-conditioned coach as you take in the beautiful French countryside before arriving at Château de Chambord at around 9:30 a.m.
Chambord is one of the largest châteaux in the Loire Valley, nestled in the middle of a huge hunting ground. It was built for King Francis I of France in the 16th century with the help of none other than Leonardo da Vinci. See the amazing double helix staircase, which represented the Tree of Life during the Middle Ages, and the château’s wide panoramic terrace with its sea of chimneys that overlook the grounds.
Chenonceau, also known as the ‘The ladies’ castle’, was built during the 16th Century and has been home to many well-known aristocratic French ladies, such as Diane de Poitiers, Catherine de Medici and the White Queen, Louise de Lorraine. You could almost be dreaming as Chenonceau appears over the River Cher. Its fairytale architecture bears witness to a sophisticated and typically French style of living, with elegantly furnished floral rooms, tapestries, antique paintings and fascinating kitchens housed in the piers of the bridge that supports the château.
To complete your visit, you can discover the Loire wine heritage through a wine and local products tasting.
You'll be back in Paris at around 8.00pm.
- Entrance tickets to the 2 châteaux
- Services of our guide
- Round-trip transport from Paris in an air-conditionned coach
- Lunch with drinks (in Winter, from November 1 to March 31)
- In Summer: lunch (from April 1 to October 31)
- Transfers from your residence
- Children(0-2): free
- Children (3-11): reduced
Paris CityVision, 2 rue des Pyramides - 75001 Paris
Customers need to check in at the tour operator agency (to redeem the voucher) at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time.
- During winter time, we recommend good walking shoes and warm clothing
- In Summer (April 1 to October 31) lunch is not included.
- In winter (November 1 to March 31), lunch is included at the St Hubert Hotel Restaurant in Cour-Cheverny (five minutes from Cheverny). On the menu is homemade salmon terrine with lemon sauce, eggs with mixed vegetables; roast turkey with green beans, provençal tomatoes and sautéed potatoes; and warm apple tart (1/4 Bottle of wine, water, coffee or tea).
- Every day
Departure: 07.15 AM
Visit the most famous Loire Valley Castles on your own with an audio guide through each of the follo...
Considered the “Western Marvel”, the Mont Saint-Michel is nestled in the middle of an exceptional si...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
This full day excursion from Paris takes you to the city of Reims and its region, known all over the...
The beaches of Normandy entered history books in 1944, when Allied forces landed to rescue Europe fr...
Set off for a full day excursion to one of France's most popular and iconic sights, the magnificent ...
This full day excursion from Paris takes you to the two magnificent châteaux of Vaux le Vicomte and ...
Discover the the world of Claude Monet visiting his home and gardens in Giverny, just a few hours fr...
EVERY FRIDAY at 3.00PMDon’t miss your chance to discover the latest trends from the biggest names in...
Enjoy Paris from the sky and from the river with this combo offer including skip-the-line tickets to...