Taormina: Authentic Taste & Amusing Tales (EN)
- 6+ snack tastings
- a sample of warm & cold local food specialities
- 6 different locations
- 2h-hour starter walking food tour
- group of max 16 guests
- accompanied by your local food hopping guide
- ideal for cruise travelers
Snack like the locals!
The perfect tour for short-stay visitors combines a 2 hour walking tour with 6 tastings of some of the most famous and typical snacks Taormina has to offer.
Follow your food guide through the heart of the Sicilian town and discover highly emotional places like beautifully hidden backyards, the historic city gates and - still an insider tip - a green oasis off the touristic route.
On your stops along the way you get to taste typical local street-food specialities like sfincione, aranchino, granita or cannolo.
Your food guide reveals the amusing background to the snacks you enjoy, and entertains you with interesting tales about Taormina, its stories and inhabitants.
What you can look forward to on your food tour Taormina:
- A sample of 6 typical snacks the locals adore
- A plunge into the delicious and authentic local cuisine with samples of warm and cold street-food specialities
- 6 different food related locations, emotional places and a surprising detail
- A great time over the course of an entertaining 2h-hour walk
- Amusing anecdotes and stories from your enthusiastic local food guide
- An ideal tour for short-stay visitors or cruise travellers
The tour starts at the city center of Taormina - the exact meeting point is specified in the booking confirmation
Kids are welcome: accompanied by an adult, children from 0-6 years are free of charge, without food or drinks; from 07-17 years there is a reduced price, alcoholic beverages are replaced by soft drinks
Please indicate in the booking form, and let your Food Hopping guide know if you have any food allergies or restrictions
The locations of your Food Hopping tour are subject to change
During all Food Hopping tours, you are walking on fairly flat terrain at relaxed speeds. We reccomend wearing comfortable shoes, as you are on your feet about half of the time.
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Taormina...