- Visit the picturesque village Giethoorn - a town with no cars
- Enjoy a guided tour of the star-shaped Fort Bourtange
- See the Enclosing Dike - Holland’s most famous waterworks
Get on a comfortable, air-conditioned single deck bus that will take you through the typical flat Dutch ‘polder’ landscape. Your first destination will be Giethoorn, definitely one of the most picturesque villages of the Netherlands. Nicknamed the Dutch Venice, Giethoorn is a village where no cars are allowed in the old town and the only way to get around is by boat and by walking. During a short walking tour through the village, your guide will reveal the city’s unique character. You'll also experience Giethoorn from the water on a one-hour boat tour. Before continuing, you’ll enjoy a one-course meal of high quality.
After that, you will depart to Bourtange. Fort Bourtange is a star fort located in the village of Bourtange, in Groningen. It was built in 1593 under the orders of William the I of Orange, to control the only road between Germany and the city of Groningen, which was controlled by the Spaniards during the time of the Eighty Years' War. You will be guided through the highlights of Bourtange. Late afternoon you will drive back to Amsterdam via the Enclosing Dike (Afsluitdijk), one of the most famous waterworks of Holland.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Canal cruise in Giethoorn
- Guided tour trough the fortress Bourtange
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children ages 3-11: reduced
- Infants ages 0-2: free
Overhoeksplein 5, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
You can join the tour from the A'DAM tower or any other stop listed on your voucher.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- You can join the tour at the following pick-up points:
- 9.00am: A'DAM tower, Overhoeksplein 5 opposite central station. Catch the 5-minute free ferry (Buiksloterweg) behind the station to get there
- 8.40am: Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78. Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side
- 8.30am: Apollo hotel, Apollolaan 2. Meet your guide inside the lobby of the hotel