Private Second World War past and present tour
- Visit the famous Holocaust memorial and other must-sees
- Discover hidden gems that only the locals know
- 100% private with great insights and a currywurst plate
- Get unique historical insights from a local
Dive into the rich history of Berlin with your favorite local! Get amazing insights about the city’s WWII past, see the main highlights and discover some of its hidden gems! In this Withlocals Originals tour we combined the main attractions of Berlin with a few amazing spots known only by locals to give you the perfect historical journey through the city! Want to add anything to your route? No worries, this tour can be 100% personalized to suit your own wishes!
Begin your tour at the New Synagogue and head to the Palace of Tears to hear the story of East Berliners traveling to West Berlin after the wall went down. Here you'll get to learn all about the strong effects the war has brought to the city. As you arrive at the most important landmark of Berlin, the Brandenburg Gate. take in its strong meaning. This world-known gate now symbolizes an unified city.
Continue with a unique experience at the Holocaust Memorial - commemorates the millions of Jewish victims. Your guide will give you insights on the monument helping you taking in the atmosphere around it.
Move on to Hitler’s Bunker, find out the story behind: What happened to Germany’s past leader? and Head to the modern side of the city as you start noticing the contrast of the past and the present. This is the perfect time to stop for a delicious Currywurst snack and a nice relaxing break.
Enjoy great architectural views at the stunning Gendarmenmarkt, Bebelplatz and Museum Island, a UNESCO World heritage.The last part of your tour will include some amazing hidden gems, only known by locals.Check out a vibrant urban quarter in the Mitte district, the Missing house at Große Hamburger Strasse and an amazing dance hall in the heart of Berlin. End your tour in an idyllic environment - the courtyard complex Heckmann Höfe as you get back to the New Synagogue.
This is the plan:
- Stop 1 - New Synagogue - admire one of Berlin's most significant Jewish landmarks
- Stop 2 - Tränenpalast - full of stories and the main departure point for travelers from the former East Germany to West Berlin
- Stop 3 - Reichstag building - admire beautiful, impressive architecture of Berlin
- Stop 4 - Brandenburger Gate - a key point, full of history and meaning
- Stop 5 - Holocaust monument - get inspired and outside of your comfort zone by its awesome grey soberness
- Stop 6 - Hitler’s Bunker - listen to a less known story
- Stop 7 - Potsdamer Platz - get a taste of modern, urban, renewed Berlin
- Stop 8 - Typisch Berlin - Have a delicious currywurst break and get ready for more awesomeness
- Stop 9 - Checkpoint Charlie - one of the iconic images of political and territorial division marked by the Berlin Wall
- Stop 10 - Bebelplatz - find out the story of the infamous "book burning" organised by the Nazis
- Stop 11 - Gendarmenmarkt - a beautiful, architectural, must-see for all visitors of Berlin
- Stop 12 - Hakischen Höfe - enjoy a vibrant urban quarter combining art, work, gastronomy and entertainment, also full of hidden gems
- Stop 13 - Heckmann Höfe - a calm, cozy, hidden square, away from the urban agitation
- Private local guide
- Delicious sausage (currywurst)
- Other food and drinks
- Pick-up service
Oranienburger Str. 31, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide outside of the S-Bahn station Oranienburger Straße at the entrance of the New Synagogue.
- This tour is a private tour, the price changes depending on the number of participants
- Moderate amount of walking included
- Available daily
- Please select your starting time at the time of booking
- Confirmation of guide's contact details will be sent after booking
Delve with a historian into Berlin’s history as the capital of Nazi Germany during the Third Reich. ...
Although the Jewish experience in Berlin began in the 13th century, intolerance was so entrenched th...
You think Berlin’s all about Brandenburg Gate, WWII and currywurst? Well, it is, but there’s so much...
On this Hidden Berlin tour, you will explore and discover the fascinating side to Berlin’s history t...
Did you already knew that according to the first plans, the TV Tower should have been built in a com...
Dive into the fascinating underwater world at AquaDom & SEA LIFE Berlin. Marvel at 5.000 different c...
The Mirror Maze Berlin is a unique and exciting attraction that leads into the magical world of joy ...
Experience your one-of-a-kind WOW moments. Totally interactive Sets, amazing costumes, exciting musi...
Berlin was the frontline of the Cold War. This tour explores people, places and secrets that kept tw...
Dive into Berlin’s craft beer scene and taste delicious local brews at three different bars with thi...