Urban Jungle - alternative Berlin private tour
- Take in the authentic multicultural vibes of Berlin
- Enjoy unique street art and the city's favorite drink
- Listen to local stories about the city's underground areas
- 100% private and off-the-beaten track with a local guide
- Taste the Berliners' favorite drink: club-mate
You think Berlin’s all about Brandenburg Gate, WWII and currywurst? Well, it is, but there’s so much more! Take in the unique underground scene of Berlin, from amazing street art and great local stories to cool neighborhoods and alternative vibes. See the city through the eyes of a local and experience the lifestyle they’re all used to.
On this tour you’ll go to the hippest streets around the city and alternative spots known only by locals. Dive in the local lifestyle while enjoying a good German beer and urban art sights.
Start at the Hackescher Markt, the heart of local cafes and head to a unique art courtyard loved by contemporary artists. Hear about how this place survived against all odds and get insights into the alternative messages of the art pieces here.
Continue with more local stories about the neighborhoods of Berlin and stop by the Pink Man, an impressive grafitti done by the famous Blu. Learn about his protest against the “gentrification” of the town’s alternative side and other ethical projects he’s involved in.
Explore the Urban Spree unvierse in a hip “beer-garden” and see how most Berliners enjoy their evenings. Go pass the East Side Gallery, where artists from all around the world painted on the remains of the Berlin Wall, a symbol of freedom.
Stop at the smallest cinema in town, popular for its international movies and 70’s flair. End your tour by the Boxhagener Platz, a great place to relax and enjoy some more local urban vibes.
The best part? You’ll find out all about the amazing contemporary artists and discover how the city’s alternative side is changing everyday.
This is the plan:
- Stop 1 - Haus Schwarzenberg - get amazed by the free space for creative and utopias, unique decadent courtyard in the middle of a shopping area
- Stop 2 - Kottbusser Tor - explore the heart of Kreuzberg neighborhood, a very hot spot for the night life, protests and political events
- Stop 3 - Gorlitzer Park (warm season) - get the vibe of the coolest park of the city // Bethanien Art Gallery (cold season) - get to see an alternative space, home to contemporary artists
- Stop 4 - “Schlesi” tower - how locals call it, the bank-border that once was the border between East and West
- Stop 5 - Leviathan by Blu - get to see the art and hear the amazing story of an international graffitti artist
- Stop 6 - Oberbaumbrücke - enjoy the Disney like architecture of one of the oldest bridges that used to separate the West from the East
- Stop 7 - East Side Gallery - get inspired by the street art created by artists from all over the world on one of the largest pieces of the old Berlin wall
- Stop 8 - Urban Spree - emerge into a very big, artistic, cultural center dedicated to urban art
- Stop 9 - RAW Tempel - explore one of the most important social-cultural centre of the town
- Stop 10 - Intimes Kino - get a glimpse of the smallest cinema in Berlin, and the art that surrounds it
- Private local guide
- Ticket for the transfer with the tube
- 1 "Club-Mate" per person
- More drinks
- Pick-up service
Hackescher Markt 4, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide in front of the Butler's Gift Shop at Hackescher Markt 4.
- This tour is a private tour, the price depends on the number of participants
- Moderate amount of walking included
- Available daily
- Please select your starting time at the time of booking
- Confirmation of guide's contact details will be sent after booking
The impressive neoclassical building that hosts the Altes Museum (Old Museum) was built between 1823...
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
Go on a bike tour through Kreuzberg, Prenzlauer Berg and Friedrichshain and experience 'real' Berlin...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
The East Side Gallery is an international memorial for freedom and the longest open air gallery in t...
Experience Berlin during the evening on this fantastic 2-hour Segway tour. Explore the city on Segwa...